Our Windows 10 computer has a disk drive, which can be a traditional HDD format hard drive or a solid-state drive, the SSD. The differences between the two are remarkable. Since an SSD allows a much faster operation in general, although they usually have somewhat less capacity. But many users do not know which one they have on their computer.
Normally, the specifications of all Windows 10 computers indicate the type of drive used in that case. But there are people who may at a certain time do not remember. Luckily, there is a simple way to check it on the computer itself.
How to know if you have an HDD or SSD in Windows 10
So users who want to know if they have an HDD or SSD on their Windows 10 computer will be able to check it easily.
- First of all, you have to go to the search bar in the taskbar or the one in the computer’s startup menu.
- So, in this search bar, you must write optimization. Let’s see that an option comes out in said search, which is called defragmenting and optimizing drives. It is the option that interests us in this case, so we click on it so that it will open.
- A new window appears in Windows 10. In it we can see that there is a list, where are the disk drives that we have in the computer.
- Next to the name of the unit, the type of the unit is shown. So, we can see if it’s a hard drive or an SSD. So we already simply have this information.
- Thus, for any user who has such a doubt, you can quickly check if you have an HDD or an SSD on your Windows 10 computer.
If you have multiple drives or a combination of them, the type of each of these drives is displayed at all times. So it is easy to check.