Each and every one of the applications that we install on our computer is associated with an icon, an icon that allows us to recognize the application in question. All the applications that we install, only offer us an icon, an icon that is used by default. If the application icon leads us to confusion, we can change it.
Most of us, we recognize the application by the color of the icon, without stopping to read if it really is the application that we need at that time when clicking on it. The problem is found when two or more applications show us the same logo color, and repeatedly we get confused when running the application.
Windows 10, like the previous versions, offers us a large number of options when it comes to customizing our equipment, options including the possibility of changing the icon of the applications. But also, it also allows us to create icons to use in applications, but this is a process that we will cover in another article since it is a long but simple process.
Change the icon of an application
- First, we must place the mouse over the application icon, or its direct access, from which we want to change the icon.
- Next, we click with the right mouse button and access its properties.
- In the window that appears, click on the Shortcut tab.
- Then, at the bottom of that window, click on the Change icon.
- At that time, all the icons that the version of Windows 10 natively makes available to us will be displayed. We just have to select which one is best suited to our tastes or needs and click OK, Apply and finally, OK again.