Windows 10 offers us applications natively to check email, to be protected from the different threats that circulate on the internet, to edit photos and even videos, among others. Windows 10 released a design similar to what we could find in Windows 8, but improved.
One of the improvements is found in the Mail application, the native application of Windows 10 with which we can check our email accounts. Natively, when we first install Windows 10, the Microsoft account we are using is included, but we can add more accounts.
Add an email account to the Windows 10 Mail app
- Once we have opened the mail application, we must go to the gear wheel that we find at the bottom of the screen and press it.
- On the right side of the application, the different configuration options that the application offers us will be shown. To add a new email account, we must click on Manage accounts.
- Then click on Add account.
- Next, we must establish the mail service that we want to add from the start the different options:
- Outlook / Live / Hotmail / MSN
- office 365
- Another POP / IMAP account
- Advanced settings
- In this case, we are going to configure a Yahoo account (the steps to add a Gmail account, you can find them in this other article)
- Then we must enter our yahoo email account and click next.
- Then will ask us for the password from our account. Click on Next.
- The next window, Mail will ask us permission to access both our Yahoo account like contacts, calendar, and profiles.
We must allow access to this data since otherwise, we will not be able to access our Yahoo account from the Mail application of Windows 10.