Depending on the use we make of our equipment, it is probable that the storage space of our equipment is more than enough, or that we are always looking for a way to free up space wherever we can, deleting temporary files, emptying the trash.
Windows 10 is aware of the problems of some users and automatically takes care of freeing up unusable space on our devices. However, if our storage needs are practically daily, we can modify the natively set values so that every day frees up space.
How to free up Drive space automatically in Windows 10
- We access Windows 10 settings through the keyboard shortcut Windows key + I, or we access through the start menu and clicking on the gear wheel shown at the bottom left of this menu.
- Click on System> Storage.
- In the right column, the total storage space will be shown along with the space that we have occupied. To access the space free options, we looked for the option to Change the way to free space automatically.
Within the option Change the way to free up space automatically, we have three options available:
- Storage sensor: The storage sensor is automatically in charge of detecting how much storage space we can free and if it is possible to free it safely without affecting the integrity of the system.
- Temporary files: Temporary files are those used by applications to function properly, it is like the cache of browsers. The cache of browsers allows the pages that we visit most often to load faster since previously fixed files, such as the design of the same, have been downloaded to our computer so that we do not have to load it every time we visit again. a Web page.
- Free up space now. This last option allows us to free the space automatically by performing the actions that we have configured above.